Floyd Valley Healthcare - Calendar of Upcoming Events
In an effort to create a community that is aware and educated, Floyd Valley Healthcare in Le Mars, IA, offers a continuously updated calendar of community events and screening services.
Our vision is a happy and healthy Plymouth County. That’s why we’re committed to providing a wealth of educational services, events, classes, and more, all taught or presented by knowledgeable professionals in the medical field. Whether you new to town or a longtime resident, you’re welcome to engage and learn at our community events.
Floyd Valley Healthcare conducts annual public health screenings that include:
- Cholesterol and diabetes screenings
- Hearing screenings
- Skin cancer screenings
- Stroke screenings: Participants are offered three separate screenings at $40 each, or sign up for all three screenings for $95.
- Carotid artery/stroke screenings: The carotid arteries are the main arteries in the neck that supply blood to the brain. Carotid artery stenosis, also called carotid artery disease, is a major risk factor for stroke. This test screens the carotid arteries for plaque buildup that can cause the carotid arteries to narrow.
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) screenings: An abdominal aortic aneurysm is a weak spot and bulge in the aorta, a major artery in the abdomen. Patients often have no symptoms, which means that an aneurysm can go undetected. Aneurysms are dangerous because they may burst. This test screens for an enlargement or aneurysm of the abdominal aortic artery.
- Peripheral artery disease/ankle brachial index (ABI) screenings: In peripheral artery disease (PAD), fatty deposits build up along artery walls and affect blood circulation, mainly in arteries leading to the legs and feet. PAD can be a predictor of increased risk of cardiovascular and cerebrovascular disease and death. This test will evaluate blood flow to determine if there is sufficient flow from the heart to the arms and legs.
Calendar of Events
We offer a range of events aimed at providing educational health care services to adults and children of all ages.
The health fair takes place in October the upper level of the Le Mars Convention Center. The health fair is a free event that is open to the public and offers screenings, flu shots, great door prizes, over 50 vendors with health information, and more.
To prevent the spread of disease this flu season, we will be holding public immunization clinics for people over 6 months of age to receive a flu vaccine.
- Heartsaver CPR AED
- Health care provider CPR
- Pediatric first aid
- Mandatory reporting training
- Prepared childbirth
- Youth classes
- Home alone
First aid for young people: This class is offered on an as-needed basis
Want to learn more about our classes? Call Floyd Healthcare in Le Mars, IA, for more information!
Contact us to learn more about upcoming events.