The Sacred Heart Hospital Auxiliary was formed in 1955 under the direction of Sister Cyril and Mary Vollmar. In August of 1966, the Sisters of St. Francis offered Sacred Heart Hospital to the city of Le Mars. The name of the Hospital was changed December 1, 1966 to Floyd Valley Hospital, thus the Floyd Valley Hospital Auxiliary.
In 1993, the Auxiliary opened the Gift Shop in the lobby of the hospital carrying new and specialty items. Over the course of the 43 years, the Auxiliary has provided many services to the hospital, its patients and the community.
In May of 2016 the opened in their larger shop in the West Entrance where they feature new and specialty items, handcrafted gifts, patient and new baby gifts, memorial items and home decor. In addition to operating the Gift Shop, the Auxiliary organizes and hosts fundraisers and events throughout the year, donating proceeds to purchase equipment and fund scholarship opportunities to local students.
© 2020 Floyd Valley Healthcare