Floyd Valley Therapy’s professionals specialize in restorative and preventative therapy services for patients with a wide variety of functional and physical limitations.
In addition to assisting with communication problems in relation to speech and hearing, Floyd Valley Healthcare’s speech therapists offer customized and personalized care for a variety of conditions, diagnoses and limitations for patients at every stage of life.
Floyd Valley Healthcare speech therapists utilize:
- Dysphagia management (retraining chewing, sucking and swallowing)
- Cognitive therapy (improves attending, memory and problem solving to develop independent functioning in daily living)
- Speech Therapy (improves pronunciation of sounds)
- Language Therapy (helps with receptive and expressive language skills)
- Treatments to improve language skills, which includes reading and writing
- Voice Therapy (improves use of optimum voice and eliminate abuses)
- Treatments to develop communication skills through non-verbal means
- Video fluoroscopy (used to evaluate the patients swallowing)
- Lee Silverman's Voice Treatment (LSVT) (used to increase enunciation in patients with Parkinson's Disease)
- Attention Processing Training Program (used to help individuals, usually after a traumatic brain injury, which can improve concentration and increase attention)
- Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation (NMES) (used to assist dysphagia patients)
Speech Therapy at Floyd Valley Healthcare offers a full spectrum of services for patients aged birth through geriatrics. Services are offered daily with weekend and holiday services available.
Speech Therapy primarily specializes with children through the geriatric population. Therapies include:
- Augmentative and alternative communication
- Cognitive therapy
- Language therapy
- LSVT LOUD (Parkinson’s treatment)
- Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation (NMES)
- Voice therapy
- Rehabilitation with cognition and functional independence
Additionally, a brain injury support group is held periodically.