Additional Services in Le Mars, IA
Floyd Valley Healthcare provides an array of clinical, informational and support services for patients and families.
- Bone Density
- Influenza Vaccinations
- Well Child Exams
Clinical pharmacist Trent Powell, PharmD will work with referred patients in the area of medication management and reconciliation. Clinical pharmacists routinely provide medication therapy evaluations and recommendations to patients and other health care professionals that focus on preparing prescriptions for patients, optimizing medication therapy, promoting health and disease prevention. Clinical pharmacists are experts in the therapeutic use of medications and can:
- Assess the status of the patient’s health problems and determine whether the prescribed medications are optimally meeting the patient’s needs and goals of care.
- Evaluate the appropriateness and effectiveness of the patient’s medications.
- Recognize untreated health problems that could be improved or resolved with appropriate medication therapy.
- Follow the patient’s progress to determine the effects of the patient’s medications on his or her health.
- Consult with the patient’s physicians and other health care providers in selecting the medication therapy that best meets the patient’s needs and contributes effectively to the overall therapy goals.
- Advise the patient on how to best take his or her medications.
- While this service can help with a number of medication management issues, it has been proven especially beneficial for patients with chronic health issues such as high blood pressure and diabetes.
Why Schedule Well Child Exams?
- Schedule & track immunizations
- Discuss nutrition & activity levels
- Safety at home & school
- Athletic physical
Track Growth & Development
- Record your child's height, weight & BMI
- Development & appropriate milestones
- Social behaviors & learning
- Questions specific to your child such as: growth & development, sleep, eating, social interactions
- Regular visits create strong, trustworthy communication between families & providers
- Helps develop optimal physical, mental & social health
- Provides for better continuity of care
Well Child Exams are covered by most insurance companies. Adding an athletic physical to your exam will optimize the health of your student athlete while possibly saving you money.
Call your provider directly or 712.546.8113 to schedule today!
FVH HOT SHOTS
© 2019 Floyd Valley Healthcare