Home / About Us / Auxiliary / History
The Sacred Heart Hospital Auxiliary formed in 1955 under the direction of Sister Cyril and Mary Vollmar. In August of 1966, the Sisters of St. Francis offered Sacred Heart Hospital to the city of Le Mars, and the name changed to Floyd Valley Hospital, thus the Floyd Valley Hospital Auxiliary.
In 1993, the Auxiliary opened the Gift Shop in the lobby of the hospital, and throughout its history, it has provided many invaluable services to the hospital, its patients and our communities.
In May of 2016 the Auxiliary opened their larger shop in the West Entrance, expanding to offer handcrafted gifts, patient and new baby gifts, memorial items and home decor. In addition to operating the Gift Shop, the Auxiliary organizes and hosts fundraisers and events throughout the year, donating proceeds to purchase equipment and fund scholarship opportunities for local students.
Email (required) *